In present digital world, many small businesses get confused about where to start online marketing for their products or services. At this prospective we thought to write this blog post. Here are my thoughts for where small businesses should focus at initial.
- Set your objectives and develop a marketing budget according to your financial budget. Obvious every small business has one main objective is to generate leads and increase business. In digital marketing area, there are some quick online marketing ways you can opt to achieve the fast results. For instance, paid advertisement, but they are quite expensive as compare to other methods. Many small businesses don’t wants to invest huge amount at the initial stage. They requires less-expensive and useful methods that help to grow their business. However, it’s not a quick fast methods, it’s a long-term process to build your online presence and get results.
- Build your website: According to recent survey, many small businesses in India do not have their own website. In present Internet world, a website is very important for everyone those are selling products or services. It does not matter how big a business is, a website is an online entity of a business. It gives lots of exposure to your business. Following are some points that small business needs to understand for a website.
- Register a domain name: First of all, you need to find a suitable domain name for your business. There are many domain registrars who help to get your domain name associate with your business.
- Clearly understand the purpose of your website: After domain registration, the next phase is to hire a professional designer for designing your business website but before that you need to understand what is the purpose of your website? What a website is going to do for you? For example, if you are a product distributor, wholesaler, and you want to sell your product online as well or if you are a service provider and simply provide more information to potential clients about your services and credentials. You need to tell your requirement to the web designer so that they can easily prepare a website according to your business needs.
- Find out hosting company: The third step is finding a reliable web hosting company. A web hosting company provides space online for your website. All of your website web pages, data store there.
If you are working with a web design agency, they may provide a complete package to you, starting from domain registration to designing & web hosting.
3. Online visibility and promotion: A website isn’t great until it will not visible and gives the result. After designing a website, small-business owner should focus on their business visibility on search engine and niche local online platforms.
- Register your business on search engines: The Google, Bing and Yahoo provide place and maps facility where you can register your business physical address with your business name, email id, phone number, website and other necessary information. The advantage of that when anybody searches your business name or keywords on a search bar then your complete business address and maps will show with your phone number and website.
- Register your business on local citations sites like business yellow pages, directories, local classified site (Quickr, OlX ) local search engine (Justdial) and industry specific sites, for instance if a business is restaurant then register client business in all local restaurant related communities so that prospect customers can easily find them anywhere from the web.
4. Choose social media account: Generally small business owner thought that social media is not so much effective for their business or why should they opt social media for their marketing. Is it really worth it? The answer is yes because it is very cost-effective as compare to other traditional advertising mediums.
As a small business owner, you want many things in limited resources and cost for growth of your business. Social media directly connect with you to your current and prospective customers. Select general social media account where your customers are hangout i.e. facebook, pinterest, twitter, youtube etc. and build a social media presence.
Start small it will take time to give result, Social media takes time and energy, which are precious resources.